At Gulf Dental, we offer several different procedures for the restoration of damaged or missing teeth, and two of those services are dental crowns and dental bridges. Each of these procedures has a specific purpose and are usually recommended based on your unique dental needs.
Reasons You Might Need a Dental Crown
A dental crown is a wonderful option for restorative and cosmetic dentistry! They are easy to install and can last a very long time. Here are some reasons why we might recommend a dental crown for you:
- Cracked and chipped teeth can be strengthened and protected by covering them with a dental crown.
- Disfigured teeth can be cosmetically fixed with dental crowns.
- Dental implants are capped with dental crowns.
- Cavities can leave teeth with large pits after the affected part is removed, which would require a dental crown to conceal and protect the opening from food debris and bacteria.
Reasons You Might Need a Dental Bridge
A dental bridge is one of many restorative options if you have missing teeth, and they can be installed as a partial or a full bridge depending on your particular situation. Here are some specific reasons for dental bridges:
- The restoration of missing teeth due to trauma to the mouth.
- To replace teeth that have been surgically extracted due to gum disease.
- To restore teeth that are missing due to advanced tooth decay.
- To correct some birth defect conditions that result in unformed teeth.
Added Benefits of Dental Crowns & Dental Bridges
Dental crowns and dental bridges also have some added benefits that help improve dental health, as well as all around health and quality of life. Here are a few examples of those added benefits:
- Dental crowns can improve chewing ability, which improves the ability to properly digest food. Proper food digestion can help resolve some gastrointestinal disorders.
- Dental crowns can also conceal discolored teeth that are resistant to teeth whitening procedures.
- Dental implants can restore structural support to the jaw.
- Dental implants can restore support and strength to your facial muscles, preventing sagging and improving overall appearance. This often causes you to look much younger.
Give us a call today at Gulf Dental to see if dental crowns or dental bridges are the right solutions to fix your dental problem and improve your dental health!